Oral Cancer Screenings
Oral cancer can be devastating to your smile, and in some cases, it can even be fatal. However, the symptoms can be very similar to other oral or general health problems, making it difficult to detect. For peace of mind, call Dental Renaissance at 972-423-0880. One of our team members can schedule your oral cancer screening in Plano, Texas, with our dentist, Dr. Kari Blankenship.
One of the most important things about cancer treatment is early detection. Unfortunately, most cases of oral cancer are only treated once they become more serious. That is why our dentist and team offer oral cancer screening to help keep your mouth (and body) healthy. When we refer to oral cancer, we include cancers of the lips, tongue, palates, cheeks, throat and sinuses. As part of your normal dental exams, our dentist will conduct an oral cancer screening to help detect any early signs of cancer.
Common symptoms of oral cancer include:
- A sore or abscess in the mouth or on the face or neck that does not heal within three weeks and bleeds or discharges easily
- Numbness or unexpected soreness in the face, neck or mouth
- Consistent earaches
- Repeated sore throat or trouble swallowing, as if something is stuck at the back of the throat
- Rough spots or bumps on the gums, lips or other soft tissues of the mouth
- Red-and-white speckled patches in the mouth
- Difficulty closing your mouth, swallowing, speaking or chewing.
If you suspect that you have oral cancer or if you would like to schedule a screening, contact our dental office today and schedule an appointment with our dentist.