Dental Crowns and Bridges – Plano, TX
Restoring Your Smile Using Strength and Protection
Have you experienced a sports injury that resulted in the loss of multiple teeth? What about a tooth that has experienced severe decay due to harmful bacteria? For cavity-related problems, a filling is a typical solution; however, depending on the amount of damage, it may not be enough. And while it would be nice to just reattach the missing teeth you lost in that soccer game, that’s just not possible. However, with dental crowns and bridges in Plano, Dr. Christopher Pollard and Dr. Bhavita Patel, and their team at Dental Renaissance, will ensure your restoration is sturdy, so you can be confident in your new smile. Don’t wait! Contact Dr. Pollard to find out how you can receive a completely restored smile today.
What Are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are a great solution for fixing damaged or cracked teeth. Dental crowns in Plano are custom-designed to fit over your natural tooth, mimicking its shape and giving you a uniform smile. The typical timeline for dental crown placement is two to three appointments. This is so we can be sure the crown is created correctly and placed successfully.
These are just a few of the reasons you might receive a dental crown:
- Tooth decay that is too severe for a filling to effectively treat
- Serious injury
- A tooth that needs additional support due to weakness
- Restoring a tooth that’s had a dental implant or been treated with root canal therapy
What Are Dental Bridges?
If you’re missing one or more teeth in a row, a dental bridge in Plano can give you back your smile. It’s important to note that you must have healthy teeth on both sides of the gap in order for the restoration to stay in place. These “anchor” teeth will receive dental crowns so that your dental bridge will remain sturdy and permanent. It will literally “bridge the gap” between your healthy teeth, giving you a beautiful and complete smile that can last more than a decade.
Just like dental crowns, a dental bridge will take two to three appointments for successful creation and placement.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Crowns and Dental Bridges?
- They give your weakened tooth added protection for future damage or breakage.
- Provide a natural look, giving you an aesthetically pleasing smile.
- With proper care and maintenance, dental crowns can last as long as 15 years or more.
- You’ll be able to speak with clarity once again now that you don’t have any missing teeth. It will also help to increase your ability to chew.
- It alleviates stress on nearby teeth because it redistributes the force of your bite so that it’s equal among all your teeth.
- It will restore your smile, giving you a healthy appearance.
Do I Need a Crown or Bridge?
It may not always be so easy to tell if you need a dental crown or bridge, which is why Dr. Pollard and Dr. Patel are here to help! Here are a few scenarios that can result in a dental crown or dental bridge:
- Severely damaged or broken teeth
- Missing teeth
- Teeth with large fillings
- Misshapen teeth due to chips or teeth grinding
- Weakened teeth as a result of advanced decay, loss of enamel, or injury