March 3, 2020
Just about everyone could use a little more self-confidence in their life. Whether you have an upcoming job interview, a wedding to attend, or a high school reunion, everything goes smoother when you feel good about yourself. And having an attractive smile is a huge part of that! Your smile is one of the first things people notice about you, but it’s easy to give the wrong impression when you feel self-conscious or avoid smiling altogether. Fortunately, a cosmetic dentist has many ways to help, and it’s faster and easier than you may think. Find out more below about how cosmetic dentistry can boost your confidence and help you live your best life!
How an Attractive Smile Boosts Your Self-Confidence
- Other people see you differently – Studies show that people with a beautiful smile are perceived as being smarter, more capable, and even more likable. And that’s bound to make all your personal and professional interactions a little easier.
- Smiling reduces stress – A recent study found that smiling actually reduces your heart rate and other physical reactions to stress. The next time you feel tense, try smiling for a minute or two to help you relax and manage your stress more easily.
- Smiling makes you happier – When you like the appearance of your smile, you’re more likely to show it off. And researchers have found that the simple act of smiling (even if it’s forced) improves your mood and stimulates the same areas of the brain as when you eat chocolate.
The Most Popular Procedures For a Smile Makeover
With the exception of Invisalign, all of the following procedures can be done in just 1 to 2 visits:
- Professional whitening – Teeth whitening is an easy, cost-effective way to make your smile look great. Since the FDA limits the strength of over-the-counter options, you’ll get the best results from a professional treatment (either in-office or at-home).
- Dental bonding – Sometimes called cosmetic bonding, this simple procedure can be perfect for minor stains, chips, cavities and other imperfections on the front teeth.
- Gum recontouring – If you have a “gummy smile,” gum recontouring will give your teeth a longer appearance for a well-proportioned smile. And when a dentist uses a soft tissue laser for the procedure, you’ll have minimal bleeding and discomfort as well as faster healing.
- Invisalign – Invisalign is an outstanding alternative to metal braces that provides the same great results, without the hassle and embarrassment of wearing brackets and wires.
- Porcelain veneers – Porcelain veneers are the ultimate procedure for smile makeovers. They can completely mask multiple flaws at once, including chips, cracks, severe stains, small or oddly shaped teeth, and more.
Everyone is different, so the first step in a smile makeover is a consultation with an experienced cosmetic dentist.They’ll take a look at your oral health, dental history, budget and overall goals before recommending the best procedures for you.
With their help, you’ll soon have a beautiful smile and the self-confidence that goes with it!
About the Author
Dr. Bhavita Patel is a general and cosmetic dentist who genuinely loves helping people feel great about their smiles. She offers a wide range of cosmetic services to fit everyone’s needs and has seen firsthand how a smile makeover can boost her patients’ self-confidence. If you’d like to know more about cosmetic dentistry or have any questions, she can be reached via her website.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.