March 10, 2018
Back in your high school days, there were a few kids who spent three of four years wearing bulky metal braces, but those days are behind them now. More than likely, they have beautiful smiles now. You didn’t address your imperfect teeth back then, so you feel like you may have missed the boat. After all, you’re an adult now and can’t imagine being weighed down with brackets and wires. Is it too late for you to get the smile of your dreams? Your local dentist says it certainly isn’t and will reveal the amazing benefits of Invisalign in Plano.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign clear aligners are custom-crafted from BPA-free plastic and correct your crowded, gapped, misaligned or crooked teeth. Here’s how the process works:
- You will first meet with your dentist in Plano so that he can determine whether you’re a good fit for the Invisalign method.
- If everything’s a green light, he will then take X-Rays and photos of your mouth, which he will send off to a trusted lab to fabricate a complete set of aligners for you.
- When the process is done, you’ll be contacted to come back in to retrieve your full treatment set, wearing each set of aligners for roughly two weeks before discarding them for the next pair in the sequence. If worn correctly, by the time you complete the treatment, you’ll have a perfect smile.
Why is Invisalign Better for Adults?
As an adult, you don’t want to endure the inconveniences of traditional braces. The Invisalign clear aligner experience is completely different, offering these advantages:
- Because of their clear plastic design, Invisalign trays allow you to enjoy a discreet process of correcting your smile.
- You won’t have to compromise on your oral hygiene, either. You’ll be able to remove your trays so that you can follow your usual brushing and flossing routines.
- Do you love to eat popcorn while watching a movie? That’s out of the question with traditional braces because you could break a wire or bracket. But with your clear aligners you have no restrictions on what you can eat, because you’ll remove them prior to each meal. Just remember, though, that they must be worn for at least 22 hours a day to stay on schedule with the treatment plan that your cosmetic dentist in Plano developed for you.
- A final benefit is that by following the above protocol, you are likely to spend far less time wearing your trays than you would traditional braces.
The Invisalign method for straightening your teeth is a marvel of technological advancements in dental procedures, and available for you to take advantage of. To schedule your initial consultation, just reach out to your dentist today!
About the Author
Dr. Christopher Pollard earned his DDS degree from Baylor College of Dentistry. He loves the fact that he is able to combine his passion for science and helping people through expert oral care. Dr. Pollard practices at Dental Renaissance and can be reached for more information through his website.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.